Tuesday 11 March 2014

A Fashion Week Paradox - 1st Class Fashion


As many of you know, I am a bit of a multi-tasking writer and have been writing for a wonderful site 1st Class Fashion for five months and now LDNXX and Women in Trade UK have been added to the list, along with keeping this blog a platform to develop as a writer. It has been hard work but not without its benefits and I look forwards to what each new day/month/year will bring.

Here's a snippet of my most recent post for 1st Class Fashion on London Fashion Week:

"Fashion Week is a paradox: it’s simultaneously exactly how you expect it and not. This season was my first ever fashion week, I was only lucky enough to go to London Fashion Week but, as a girl who has obsessively watched and studied fashion for the past eight years, that was just enough. Friday morning was the first day and it was the day I was to meet the editor of an online magazine I write for, LDNXX. And here is the paradox: at 9.30am Somerset House saw me standing in the courtyard, windswept and absolutely freezing, not feeling glamorous at all in my full length denim dress paired with my Vivienne Westwood T-shirt, Topshop laundry-check socks and calf-length black fur coat. But, despite looking half asleep and windswept by London’s brilliant winter weather, people are taking pictures of me. 

My first show was Jamie Wei Huang, an up-and-coming designer who studied at Central Saint Martins, and was eventually mentored by Stella McCartney. The clothes were brilliant; feminine, strong, warrior-like. And, as I was backstage, I felt lost in this world of glamour and elegance that I had dedicated myself to so long ago. I was clumsily bumping into photographers and nervously introducing myself to people. But, by the end of the show my confidence returned as I realized that I had just survived the worst of it all by overcoming the obstacles of what I like to call ‘First Show Freakishness’."

Click here to see more.

Ruby




1 comment: